Our Accelerated Kindergarten classroom is a warm, inviting environment where each child receives individualized instruction. Our low student-to-teacher ratio has a maximum of 12-to-1, which allows our teachers to cultivate the innate curiosity in each of our students.
Our spacious Kindergarten classroom is designed to entice the child to explore and discover. The orderly prepared environment is filled with multi-sensory learning materials. The materials are organized in a specific sequence beginning with the simplest, most concrete representation of the subject matter, then make a gradual progression to the abstract. Each and every element in our Kindergarten classroom is chosen to promote learning, discovery, and independence.
Our Accelerated Kindergarten curriculum includes:
- Practical Life
- Language Arts
- Sensorial Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Geography and Cultural Studies
- Handwriting and Fine Motor Skills
Our professional and caring teachers create a nurturing and welcoming learning community where children are respected as individuals. Our students learn at their own pace and begin to think for themselves. They learn social and interpersonal skills as they develop a passion for learning.
Children in our
Kindergarten program will:
- Develop problem-solving skills and learn to think critically.
- Feel valued, respected, and nurtured.
- Think creatively.
- Learn by doing.
- Develop fulfilling relationships with their peers and develop their physical skills during frequent outdoor play.
- Work individually, with a partner, and in groups.
- Practice grace, courtesy, and social skills as they gain an awareness of their own feelings and sensitivity for the feelings of others.
- Develop a lifelong love of learning.
Is the Accelerated Kindergarten Class Right for My Child?
If you worry that your child will need more challenge or a faster pace than is provided in a traditional Kindergarten class, our Accelerated Kindergarten will likely be a great fit. Like all Montessori classrooms, our Accelerated Kindergarten class is customized to meet the individual needs and academic pace of each student, which is a tenet of the Montessori Method.
If your child is beginning to sound out words and has good number sense, he/she will blossom in our Kindergarten class. Or if your child is already reading chapter books and doing arithmetic, your child will find the challenge he/she craves in our Kindergarten class. We encourage you to call with any questions you may have about our program and your child's particular needs. And we invite you to schedule a tour of our school to learn more about how our Accelerated Kindergarten class can meet the needs of your child.